Sunday 22 February 2015

February Half Term :: Part 4

Hello Lovelies,
ummmm, where are we up to now? I think this was Thursday, yes,that's right. Rainy Thursday when I was very glad to stay indoors and look at my sunny Daffodils.........


It poured down most of the day, then about 3.30 it stopped and eldest and I grabbed the chance to get a little fresh air...........



The mini Daffs in the roadside planter are almost flowering...........



But the only suitable footwear across the fields was wellies............


to wade through the huge puddles.........


the world was drippy wet............


and the poor highland cattle had her own muddy "boots"..............


On Friday it was dry, but very chilly. We went on a shortish family cycle ride and I was VERY happy to get back home afterwards............


To me, cycling is only pleasurable in warm weather.

Yes it was lovely to get back home and add some more rows to my ripple...............


It's growing steadily and I'm loving the colours in the weak winter sunlight...........


I also did a little drawing this week, inspired by Tuesdays Snowdrop adventure.........

It's a shame it somehow got water spilt on it....Mr Nobody is the culprit I'm told.


Never mind, it's only a little drawing and the incident spurred me on to try and make a collage version..................


It's still a WIP, but I'll be sure to share it when I've finished.........


Oh and finally, here's a lamb update :0)

Larry is still the only baby, but he looks very happy with his mum and his aunties.

My blog tells me this is my 700th post. I still love this little space of mine and thank you all for visiting me here.

Jacquie x

24 comments:

  1. Wow, 700 posts, well done you, that's a brilliant achievement. I love your miniature daffodils, so doubt they'll be out before too long. Fantastic highland cow, she doesn't look too bothered by the mud. We had that rain here too, and there's lots more forecast today unfortunately. I fear I have agreed to go to the wildfowl and wetlands place today though, so I will have to grit my teeth. I hope you have a lovely Sunday Jacquie. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your 700!!!! Your collage is looking yummy....can't wait to see it finished! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a wonderful Sunday on your 700th blog post! I love the daffodils and your lovely pink spotted boots. Your ripple blanket is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation on your 700 posts! February look so nice till now, love your pictures! Happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 700th! That makes your blog positively ancient, Methuselah ancient!
    Love the wellies, glad the rain didn't stop you getting out but, yes, it wasn't a time to linger outside, was it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the ripple blanket and the sunny colours and looking forward to seeing your collage version of your drawing. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just popped in to say joined today after lurking for a while.
    I love your crochet work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pics always a pleasure to see,that gorgeous lil Larry is soooo cute.Congratulations on your 700th post.It is a very wet and soggy day today,chores over,now some hooky time.Happy Sunday.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for getting out in this rotten weather Jacquie - it's sleeting here at the moment so I'm hunkering down with a fire, some making and some baking! I think the highland cattle could do with borrowing your lovely pink wellies! Congratulations on 700 posts!! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your 700th post. Your ripple is coming on a treat, I love the colours you are using. I am glad the weather cleared long enough for you to get out and about but it is good to get home and hunker down on these cold wet days isn't it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on 700 posts.
    What a lovely half-term you are having, I too enjoy half-terms very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mini daffy make me smile...I can't say Narcissus either without saying Narcissist lol
    X x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's to 700 more! Beautiful daffodils! (I've posted a picture today too of my first daffodils to bloom.) A shame about the mishap of your lovely drawing. I can't wait to see your collage version! Lit' lamby is doing well, so cute. The ripple is coming along nicely. I'm working on another pillow in greys, the wheels within wheels pattern. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow well done 700 posts is quite an achievement! Love catching up with your adventures. Scrolling down your blog your ripple blanket seemed to grow before my eyes because of the angle the photo was taken I was most amused by it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your photos and a glimpse into your world. your drawings are inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, 700 posts, that is pretty amazing! Lovely half term moments. Your picture is very pretty - shame about the water - and will be lovely recreated as a collage, what a great idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. a lovely round up of a wet half term,
    love your bike seat cover! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, what a cute little lamb - not to talk about the Highland cow, aren't they pretty!
    I really liked all the colours in your post, they're very nice to see during these snowy days! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Larry reminds me of a story -- my husband was at work at his cousin called me and asked if I would take a black lamb as it's mother wouldn't feed her and he knew we had dairy goats and could raise it on goats milk. Hubby came home in the middle of the night from work and a big box was in the livingroom.. he looked inside and asks me.. WHAT IS IN THAT BOX! We had that black sheep her whole life. She was a doll. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute photo of the cow lol!
    Your drawing is so pretty, fab idea to make a collage version :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's funny. There's always a Mr Nobody in all families. Mine too. What a treat Part 1-4.
    Longing for signs of Spring in Canada. Just white stuff everywhere and it's not melting at -20c tonight. I miss my homeland in England so much. A beautiful country, especially where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you had a nice half term, love your photo's and the lamb is so cutex

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your blanket and your photos. Greetings from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your blanket and your photos. Greetings from Poland.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.